Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Six boxes, two suitcases, and a whole bunch of Target runs later...


My roommate and I our now proud owners of a one bedroom apartment on the top floor on our building. It was kind of a downer when I out that we were the only dancers on our floor, until we realized that our floor on the elevator is labeled PH for penthouse and our front door is ten steps away from the rooftop. Now, I think our apartment is pretty sweet. I mean, how many people can say that their first apartment was a penthouse?

Ok... technically our apartment is the same size as the rest of the one bedroom-ers and their are two other apartments on our floor... but still, you have to admit that it's pretty cool.

This is just as you walk in the front door. The kitchen is on the right. Ahead is the living room. And to the left is the laundry/pantry hallway that leads to the bathroom.


This is the kitchen. Pretty self explanatory... It reminds me of a kitchen in an extended stay hotel... which i guess is kind of what an apartment is.




This is our awesome living room/eating area. We still need some decor to spruce it up.




Just in case you REALLY wanted to see a picture of a washer and dryer... I mean I know that these metal boxes are a completely new concept. 



Ze closet area. Yes, I did give you three pictures of the closet. Obviously I have my priorities straight. And yes, I know it kind of looks cluttered... But hey. DON'T JUDGE ME!

The wonderful bedroom and bathroom! We somehow color coordinated EVERYTHING without co-conspiring. It was meant to be.



This is our "back patio" view from the apartment. Pretty cool, huh?

It is so nice to be able to relax knowing that we are pretty much settled in. Minus a few packages that we are waiting on, we have our furniture, clothes, food, cable, and internet (hallelujah) all squared away. I know our walls are still kind of bare (did you really think we could fit any posters or pictures in our suitcases with all the pointe shoes in tow?) but if you have any cheap ideas please PLEASE tell me. White walls are kind of like vanilla ice cream without toppings: for a while it's ok, but then you just need some oomph in it to spice it up before you die of boredom. Ok maybe not THAT extreme.

Oh and I totally discovered last night that we get the Food Network channel in our free cable package. WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment