Wednesday, September 7, 2011

So you wanted up update??? Be careful what you ask for...

Im tired.

Pre-writing and planning is out of the question.

My life over the past few days has been a whirlwind  torrential hurricane.
Sunday:
After packing into the wee hours of the morning the night before, and waking up early to go to church, we headed out to my brother's apartment in College Station for the Aggie football game and brought with us caramel filled brownies, molasses cookies, chips, and burgers... Aren't I such a sweet sister for making him (and his friends) dinner?? The next four hours consisted of yelling, cheering, standing, and sweating but the A&M pulled through with a victory. (Let's hope they can actually keep that going).
Monday:
Waking up early to frantically finish packing before heading to a crowded airport to leave my home for four and a half months. Bittersweet. 5 hours and three  a dozens of failed nap attempts, we were hauling our luggage to the curb. Then began the game of Tetris. We fit four people, six large suitcases, and 5 carry ons in a small car. It was not pretty. Let's just say that we were all sitting on at least one piece of luggage. Five minutes, four winding hallways, and one large luggage cart in tow, we finally found our room once we arrived at our hotel. Literally, it could not be a more poorly laid out hotel. We have been here for three days and we just now figured out how to get to our room without going into the wrong hallway. They should seriously tell their customers to bring bread crumbs. After an exhausting day, we went to bed at 8:30. In our credit it was 10:30 Houston time, but basically we might as well live in a retirement community.
Tuesday:
After begging our apartment to push up our move in day (it's now FRIDAY instead of Saturday.... not the desired outcome, but we will take what we can get), we walked up the famous Queen Anne hill. I have walked this hill numerous times but it still gives me a work out and leaves me winded when I reach the top. Why would we do this?? SHOPPING. Enough said. We had our orientation at the ballet later that afternoon, where we finally found out what was going to happen for the whole year and catch up with our friends from the break. It is so surreal to be dancing at one of the top ballet companies in the U.S. I feel so blessed and so fortunate to be here. After what felt like, again, a long day, we went to bed at 8:37. We are a real party crowd, can't you tell?
Wednesday:
OH MY GOSH WE FINALLY STARTED TODAY! Even though I felt like I was run over by a small truck after being off for three weeks, it was so nice to take class. After a quick lunch we headed downtown for a nice afternoon of shopping. This time, shoes were the only thing on my mind. Hunter rain boots to be exact. I can now officially splash in rain puddles. SCORE! We collapsed in our hotel after all the walking, and finally decided to go to dinner at Metropolitan Market. MM is an upscale grocery store with amazing soups, prepared meals, and the best salad bar. Basically out of the seven meals we have had in Seattle, we have eaten at MM for five of them. So what are the two other amazing restaurants that we have tried for the other two meals? That would be the complementary breakfast at the hotel... We are not ashamed to profess our love to MM. The checkers even recognize our faces. And as I'm writing this, I am soaking my feet in epsom salt and sewing my pointe shoes. I have another long day ahead!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment